Helpful Keyless Car Remote Entry Tips
Ever wonder how to get more range out of your keyless car entry remote? This article will show you three tips or tricks to help you get the most of your keychain car remote:
- How to get more range from your key less car entry remote
- Unlock your car through a cell phone with a spare car remote
- Cheaply replace key less entry remote batteries (improves range)
Keyless Car Remote Range Extension Tip #1: Using Your Body as a Range Extending Antenna
Of all the modern conveniences built into later model cars the key less car entry system or car remote control is the handiest. Key less car remotes are the small devices or fobs that have buttons to lock doors, unlock doors, open the trunk, or some other function.
Sometimes the range on these key less car remotes leaves something to be desired though. This neat trick can help you lock your car without doubling back. (If the range of your key-chain remote is particularly poor then I recommend changing the batteries.)
When I first heard of this trick through a friend I didn’t believe it would actually work but remarkably it does! Okay here’s what you do:
(1) Hold the key less entry unit up so that the module is touching your chin.
(2) Press which ever button you are trying to use (lock, unlock, trunk, alarm, etc)
(3) That’s all! By making a physical connection between the key less car remote and your chin bone the key less car remote is able to use your body as an antenna increasing the range of the signal.
Alternatively you can touch the unit to a metal object such as a metal bench, chair, sign-post, or other large metal object (people may not appreciate it but you can theoretically use another car as an antenna). Using this neat little trick I can lock or unlock my car at over double the distance I can without using this trick.
Click “more” below the image to read the rest of this article on key less car remote tricks.
A wide variety of key less entry remote transmitters such as those discussed in this article.
Click “more” to read the complete article on key less car remote tricks –> (more…)